We grade the cashews to over 10 varieties based on size,texture and color.There are over 15-20 varieties in whole cashews and over 15 varieties in broken grades. All grades are packed after passing them through pneumatic dust removers and metal detectors to ensure product safety.
- W180-White Wholes 180 Cashew(Kaju) (Jumbo Cashew(Kaju)),
- W210-White Wholes 210 Cashew(Kaju) (Premium Large Cashew(Kaju)),
- W240-White Wholes 240 Cashew(Kaju) (Large Cashew(Kaju)),
- W320-White Wholes 320 Cashew(Kaju)(Standard Cashew(Kaju)),
- W450 Cashew(Kaju), are the smallest and cheapest white whole kernels and hence the favorite among low priced whole grades,
- WS-White Splits Cashew(Kaju),
- LWP-Large White Pieces Cashew(Kaju),
- SWP-Small White Pieces Cashew(Kaju),
- BB-Baby Bits Cashew(Kaju),
- B – Butts Cashew(Kaju).
Plain Natural Wholes – Cashew is graded in three categories based on colour. White Wholes (“W” appearance – white, pale ivory), Scorched Wholes (“SW” – slightly reddish) and Scorched Wholes Seconds (“SSW” – discolored); W and SW Wholes are graded according to size, i.e. number of nuts per Pound; Super Premium – W 150; Premium – W 210; Regular – W 450; Economy – SW 450
Natural Halves – Cashew Kernels broken evenly into 2 parts are less expensive than wholes. They are used in economy packs and also for candy bars, sweets and pastry. Splits are crisper than wholes and sometimes preferred for that reason. The different varieties are: Fancy Splits (FS): White halves split lengthwise; Fancy Bults (FB): White halves broken crosswise; Scorched Splits; Scorched Bults
Natural Broken’s – Natural Cashew pieces are used in economy packs and also in confectionery, pastry, ice creams & cooking; Large White Pieces (LWP); Scorched Pieces (SP); Scorched Pieces Seconds (SPS)